The health and wellbeing of our members is always our top priority at Azure, more so than ever during the ongoing Coronavirus (Covid-19) crisis.
Azure is continually following the guidance issued by the Maltese government and the public health authorities, and we endeavour to keep you updated with the latest developments that affect your membership.
As of yesterday (Mar 16), the Prime Minister of Malta is strongly advising against all non-essential travel to and from Malta. Strong measures are being implemented to help slow down the spread of the virus on the island.
At Azure, we know better than anyone how important your holidays are. However, given the current climate, we recommend banking your entitlement and postponing any travel plans to Malta in the near future. Here are some important facts to consider:
• All arrivals from all foreign countries will be required to enter a mandatory 14-day self-quarantine.
• All bars, restaurants, museums, and other areas where the public gather will also be shut across Malta and Gozo for an indeterminate period.
• Arrangements will be made for meals to be delivered to your room should you be quarantined at the Golden Sands Resort & Spa.
• Any breach of quarantine will result in daily fines of €3,000, rising to a maximum of €42,000.
• The government is making efforts to send people back home before the 14-day quarantine period is up, although no assurances can be given at the present time.
• We will assist with any rebooking requests should you need to postpone or bank your travel plans.
• We are also extending this year’s booking window by three months, meaning you can use your 2020 weeks entitlement up until 31 March 2021.
Should you have any urgent queries, please call Member Services on 020 3912 1700 (UK) or 00356 2778 2525 (ROW). We wish you the best of health and hope to see you back at the resort.